Houston Parks and Recreation Department pools open Memorial Day weekend to begin the summer swim schedule. Emancipation Aquatic Center and pool is open free of charge during summer operation and year-round.
Regular summer pool operating hours will begin Memorial Day Weekend. Check back beginning in April for the Summer 2020 Swim Schedule.
Water Safety Tips
- Enroll children in swimming lessons.
- Keep children under 10 years of age within arms-reach of you at all time.
- Never allow children to swim alone, especially when lifeguards are not on duty.
- No diving in less than 13 feet of water.
- Always walk (do not run) when in an aquatic facility.
- Only use USA coast guard approved life jackets that are properly fitted for the child’s weight and body size.
- Do not allow children to ride on your back, do hand stand or any type of horseplay in swimming pools.
- Use sunscreen, apply 30 minutes before being exposed to sun.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration before expose to a heated environment.
- Please note:Showers are available. All guests must present valid picture ID
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department’s water spraygrounds provide an engaging and interactive fun activity year-round for children, especially during the hot summer months. Water spraygrounds have distinct advantages over swimming pools in that they are cost effective and low maintenance, and water-play activities extend well beyond normal pool season.
The Emancipation Park spraygrounds were opened to the public in June 2018. There are three distinct sprayground areas. One is located inside the pool area and the two others are located in the park. All feature in-ground bubblers and directional sprays. The pool deck splashpad is open to the public only during pool hours.
H-E-B Grocery Company has generously donated funding to the Houston Parks and Recreation Department through the Houston Parks Board, Inc., to create and build additional spraygrounds in Houston city parks. These are brightly colored facilities featuring equipment that squirts, sprays, mists and shoots water. Children will be able to enjoy everything from oversized flowers that mist to a whale that spouts and squirts water and in-ground elements that resemble geysers.
Please Note: When water spraygrounds are being cleaned, they will be closed to public. This should take approximately 4 to 6 hours, barring any unforeseen circumstances and weather permitting. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.