Rentals & Reservations


The Cultural Center and Recreation Center are beautiful spaces to host special gatherings, such as wedding receptions, baby showers, receptions and parties for a nominal rental fee. For fee information please contact at 832-395-7400 or click here. Deposits are required and are refundable.

Outdoor Spaces(Blessing Stage, Grand Lawn, Pavilions A & B)PERMITS AND RESERVATIONS

Contact Info

Address: 2999 S Wayside Houston,TX 77023
Phone: Ballfield Reservations:832.394.8804
Park Permits: 832.394.8805

Office Hours
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00p.m
Saturday - Sunday (Closed)

The Houston Parks and Recreation Department Permits Office issues permits for the use of different venues and parks operated by the department for the City of Houston.

An area within a park may be reserved for personal use for private events by obtaining a permit through the Permits section of the Houston Parks and Recreation Department. A fee and a refundable deposit are required. This permit ensures the exclusive use of a particular space for a designated time.

Any request to conduct a park event that is open to the public and more than 250 people will require coordination of city services and a special event permit, which you can request online from the Mayor’s Office of Special Events or by phone at 832-393-0868.

Park space, including pavilions, picnic table clusters, and open space may be reserved for private use by families and organizations. Reservations at area sports fields (including softball, baseball, soccer, flag football, basketball, rugby, and volleyball venues) are also available for sports practice as well as league and tournament play for youth 12 and under only. Contact the Parks Permits Office as early as possible to receive the most current information on the facility of your choice.


Got a birthday party, private affair, company event, or another occasion coming up? Let's talk about how Emancipation Park can help.
Call (713) 528-1872 or contact us online.

Scroll to Top