Visitor Parking Info:
There are multiple options for free parking when visiting Emancipation Park. Here are a few to help you plan your next visit:
- Parallel Parking: Parallel parking spots are located in the front of the park along Emancipation Avenue, as well as behind the park along Hutchins Streets. These spaces are first come, first served.
- Traditional Parking: Traditional, head-in spaces are available right next to the baseball field along Tuam Street.
- Parking Lot: Emancipation Park also has a parking lot located on Tuam Street directly across from the baseball field. This lot contains 55 spaces, including regular, ADA and FEV parking.
- ADA Parking: Emancipation Park does feature ADA parking for patron convenience:
- An ADA spot is located along Emancipation Avenue directly in front of the pool. There is a second ADA spot along Emancipation Avenue in front of the recreation center.
- Additional ADA spots are located next to the baseball field along Tuam Street. These are head-in parking spaces.
- Our additional Tuam Street lot located across from the baseball field has ADA parking spots as well.
Special Event Parking:
Emancipation Park Conservancy implements official parking plans for all our large-scale special events and programs to ensure adequate parking and accessibility for our patrons, especially when projected attendance reaches a certain capacity. We contract with many of the surrounding businesses, faith-based institutions, schools and Houston public transit partners to ensure free parking spaces and efficient transportation options are available for event attendees. We also have the capability to engage valet parking services when available.
Where can I park to unload?
If you simply need to unload to set up for an event or program, there is a circle drive located directly in front of the park (on Emancipation Ave.) that can be used for loading and unloading. Once you are done loading/unloading, you must immediately move your car to prevent being towed. Loading and unloading can also take place along the parallel spots on Hutchins street behind the park, and at the unloading dock along Tuam Street (near the dumpster). Note that vehicles are NEVER permitted to drive onto actual park grounds to park, load or unload, as they are too heavy for the park foundation to withstand.